This annual award is for a mature age student in her second year of full time study of a first degree, having completed the first full year of study at a satisfactory academic level, and who has financial need (and can provide evidence). The award is provided from a bequest by the late Ms Joan Ritchie.
- Must be 25 years or over at the time of applying
- Must have completed 1st year, with a satisfactory academic record, and be in the second year of a full time course for any degree at any university in NSW or Canberra
- Outline financial need:
Disadvantage may include –
Financial difficulty or low income
English as a second language
Migrant or refugee status
Disability or medical condition
Geographical isolation/significant distance from campus
Career/ Study disruption
- Must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency in Australia.
Closing date: 19 MAY No applications will be considered after this date.
- Scanned copy (pdf) of proof of enrolment in year of application
- Scanned copy (pdf) of original of all university results including those for subjects completed in your present course
- Personal impact statement to explain the nature of your disadvantage and its effect on your study and what benefit the award would provide to you. You may paste in a Word document of no more than 300 words of 11 point Arial font and line spacing 1.5
- PLEASE NOTE: A scanned copy (pdf) or image of proof of citizenship or permanent resident status e.g. extract of birth entry, passport, visa, certificate of citizenship will need to be supplied by short listed candidates upon request.
*You are responsible for ensuring your application is complete. An electronic notification of the receipt of your application will be sent but this does NOT mean its content has been checked. Incomplete applications will be rejected as assessment commences. If you do not receive notification that your application has been sent/received please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION FORM: Joan Ritchie Award Application Form