The Trustees of GW-NSW Inc. Education Trust invite applications for the GW-NSW Inc Tempe Mann Annual Scholarship. The value of the scholarship will be up to $12,000.00.
The Scholarship is available to women enrolled as a research masters or a research doctoral degree 2nd or 3rd year student at The University of Sydney, or who have a first degree or masters from the University of Sydney and are enrolled for a research doctorate at another university within NSW or Canberra. Short listed candidates will be required to attend an interview in Sydney. The Scholarship is awarded to a woman to undertake a short period of advanced research or course work in any field at a university or equivalent organisation. Applicants must be Australian citizens or have permanent residency in Australia.
**PLEASE NOTE: Preference has previously been given to candidates planning to travel to an overseas institution, but due to COVID travel restrictions, anyone wanting to travel to an institution within Australia where she can undertake research that will enhance the quality of her thesis, is encouraged to apply.
Conditions of the Award:
- The successful candidate agrees to acknowledge GW-NSW support in any publication (including any thesis) that results from the work undertaken
- Must provide a written or verbal report on the conclusion of the project.
Your online application should provide the following information:
Professional data including:
- Qualifications obtained, where and when
- Prizes or awards granted, where and when
- Publications (if numerous, list the six most important)
- Employment (if applicable).
- Place of research or study. Attach proof of enrollment or of provisional acceptance (letter or email) from the University or other institution at which you propose to work (not your current university enrolment)
- Specific aims of project for which you would use the funds
- Detailed budget for the specific project / study (approx 1/3-1/2 page)
- A statement of other sources of financial support which will supplement the Tempe Mann Scholarship including other grants for which you are an applicant or recipient.
- Give the names and current contact details of your supervisor, and an independent referee who is familiar with your academic record and who is able to comment on your proposed project. (DO NOT include references with your application). Please ensure your referees have read your application
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend an interview and their referees will be contacted.
- Completed online application form should be submitted to GW-NSW Inc by 25 JUNE, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date
- An electronic acceptance should show onscreen when submitting your application – please confirm your application has been received via email.
If you experience difficulties with your electronic application, or do not receive an automatic receipt after submitting, please contact the Administrative Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.